Friday, April 30, 2010

iPad with Wi-Fi+3G Now Available From Apple

The iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G is now available from Apple starting at $629 for the 16GB version. There are two monthly data plans: 250MB or unlimited but don’t think you can use your existing iPhone plan, because you can’t.   I have a couple of colleagues that have purchased the 32GB Wi-Fi version and seem to be fairly happy with it once they found a practical use; which would be my main issue as well.  I must admit after playing around with it I can see the allure.  Boys and toys, we just can’t help tinkering with new electronics whether practical or not.

The jury is still out for me, although I do like the possibility it provides when using the DLSR Camera Remote app from onOne.  It allows Canon and Nikon users to control their tethered DLSR from the iPad, change camera settings, view shots, etc.  Find out more on the onOne site.

At nearly $900 for the 64GB Wi-Fi+3G my wallet just won’t let me take the leap for a device that kind of lands in the middle of my Blackberry and laptop. 

In related news Terry White has posted a video tutorial on his blog covering the iPad Camera Connection Kit.

No comments: