Saturday, February 20, 2010

Digital Photography and Photoshop Seminars Coming To Phoenix, AZ

A couple of excellent Digital workshops are coming to Phoenix within the next couple of weeks.  First is Digital Days from Popular Photography Magazine and Sony.  This two day workshop will take place on the weekend of February 27 & 28.  The Basics course is held on Saturday and an Advanced session will be on Sunday that includes live model shoots.  This is a great place to see the current line of Sony DLSR cameras and lenses.  Hold them, touch them, caress...but I digress.  They usually have some available to use during the model shoot.  Hopefully they’ll even have the upcoming A450 on hand.  I would expect an A850 and/or the 500 series to check out. 
The other event I’m looking forward to is from Kelby Training.   The Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks Seminar with Corey Barker will arrive in Phoenix, AZ on Wednesday March 3rd.  I highly recommend these workshops as they are informative, entertaining and crammed full of very useful information.  Plus the price can’t be beat for an all-day seminar.  Being a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals I will admit my bias, but for 99 bucks for non-members and 79 bucks for members, it’s a no brainer to attend.  One of the best things is the workbook.  They provide a complete workbook with everything that was discussed in the class, and a notes section for the ‘extra info’ that is always provided.  What I love about this is that months later when you can’t remember how to perform certain steps within Photoshop, you can open up this workbook and it’s right there.  I still use one from a NAPP seminar I attended two years ago.

No comments: