Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Portrait Using Sony Alpha 300 DSLR

I’ve been going through some previous Lightroom collections and finding some RAW images I never got around to working on. This image was from a photo shoot back in February 2010 when I borrowed a Sony Alpha 300 with Sony 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 DT lens.  I can’t say there was much difference between my old Sony Alpha 100 and the 300, other than the body of the A300 is smaller and more annoying to handle.  The sensor is improved as these images were taken at ISO 800 and still usable; something that my older A100 couldn’t accomplish.  I have since jumped ship and become a Canonite with my wonderful EOS 7D.  No regrets.

The lighting setup was simple, just a single tungsten hot light on each side of the camera at around 45 degrees to the model.  This image was taken at f5.6 @ 1/100 with a focal length of 150mm.  Adjustments were made within Adobe Lightroom 3 and Adobe Photoshop CS5.  

No comments: