Thursday, August 26, 2010

'Best of' Photo Chosen From Flagstaff Kelby Photowalk 2010



I was fortunate to participate in the Third Annual Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk this year.  The specific walk I attended was in Flagstaff, Arizona and in July Northern Arizona is the only place you want to be in this state.  The high elevation, cool temperatures, pine trees, mountains, fresh air and small town make it ideal for photography.  There were some very good photographers on the walk and great personalities and photo opportunities discovered as we strolled around downtown Flagstaff. 

I consider myself lucky to have one of my photographs chosen as the ‘Best of’ the Flagstaff walk by coordinator Chris Pondy, and entered into the 2010 Photo Contest and People’s Choice Contest.  Those I didn’t win, but just getting recognized for the walk itself is great.  The chosen photo is displayed above.

I came across this bike while walking back alleys and liked the composition between the bike and the vent which someone has obviously 'vented' on.  The color of the bike against the painted wall also caught my eye.  I ran this through the HDR Toning feature in the new Photoshop CS5 with some initial adjustments in Photoshop Lightroom 3.  I am very happy with this image, which can be purchased (by the way) at the CTZ Photography Store in several sizes including a big 24x36.  



No comments: