Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wacom Introduces New Wireless Intous 4 Tablet

Wacom has released its latest addition to the Intuos 4 family of pen tablets, and it’s wireless. Shutterbug takes a closer look at the tablet which is essentially an Intuos 4 medium tablet (6x8) featuring Bluetooth technology. By the way the wireless version only comes in the Medium size and the Wacom representative I spoke with recently stated they have no intention at this time to introduce a small or large wireless version.

I own the small Intuos 4 as I like to slip it in my backpack with the laptop and camera and take it anywhere I want. Oh how I wish it was wireless, as the USB cable can be annoying at times. I had the chance to try out the wireless version at a recent Kelby Training workshop and enjoyed the novelty of standing up, walking around and moving up to a distance of 33 feet while editing an image . If you’ve turned your HDTV into a big 46” monitor for your laptop, using the wireless tablet and kickin’ it on the couch while Photoshoping, would be working comfort at its best.

The new wireless tablet retails for around $399, but I’ve seen it as low as $379 (Amazon.com). Purchasers of any Intuos4 tablet, including the new wireless version, are entitled to a choice of two applications from a selection of three creative applications offered by leading software manufacturers Adobe, Autodesk and Corel. I’m really enjoying the small Intous 4 tablet and recommend this line of pen tablets to any serious digital photographer or artist, and I’m sure going wireless would only enhance the experience.

No comments: